Sylvania Township is an equal opportunity employer.
We have 44 full-time, sworn officers and offer many opportunities for professional development.
The Sylvania Township Police Department is a diverse group of men and women dedicated to serving our community with the highest level of integrity, respect, fairness and compassion. We strive to create a safe environment for all who choose to live in, work in or visit our area. We take pride in ourselves and expect nothing less than the highest ethical behavior from our members, both personally and professionally.
We are not accepting applications at this time.
Minimum Qualifications For Police Officer Applicants
1. At least 21 years of age (maximum age at time of application is 40)
2. Must be a U.S. Citizen
3. Must possess a valid driver’s license and have an acceptable driving history that meets the criteria for insurability established by Sylvania Township
4. Must have at least 64 semester (96 quarter) hours of college credit at an accredited college or university by date of hire
6. Must be able to work rotating shifts, nights, overtime, weekends, and holidays
7. Must be eligible to be LEADS certified
8. Able to operate standard office equipment, including personal computers and word-processing software
9. Nicotine free: pertaining to all tobacco and nicotine products
10. Able to work independently, make critical decisions, and use initiative and common sense
11. Must possess considerable human relations and communication skills
We do not require OPOTA Certification.